Easy, delicious, and will make you feel like you’re sitting on a beach somewhere! Bonus: this mango turmeric smoothie helps fight inflammation.
Smoothies are an easy way to pack a lot of nutrients into one delicious drink! I especially like to pack my smoothies with anti-inflammatory ingredients like ginger and turmeric. This mango turmeric smoothie combines both ginger and turmeric as well as delicious fruits including peach and mango. Smoothies are good at “hiding” ingredients that you might otherwise not eat. They are also a great option for picky eaters.
Smoothies are one of my favorites because they are so easy to make at home. I also love that you can customize them to suit your diet, taste, or preferences! During the warm weather months, a smoothie is so refreshing and a great way to both cool down and get your daily dose of nutrients.
I love this particular recipe because it contains two of my favorite anti-inflammatory ingredients – ginger and turmeric!
In case you are curious or need recommendations on which brands and products to use for this recipe, I’ve linked a few below for you:
So what exactly is inflammation?
In it’s basic definition, inflammation is a reaction from your immune system. There are many of different types of inflammation ranging from diseases, conditions, injuries, or bacteria. Acute inflammation for example, is when you get a splinter in your finger. The resulting reaction is redness, swelling, and pain. This is how your body handles the invader in order to protect your body and repair it. In this sense, inflammation is a crucial part of the body’s system. On the other hand, chronic inflammation can manifest in the forms of disease such as psoriasis, arthritis, or IBS. Chronic inflammation can continue for an extended period of time. It can even stay with you for life, of not properly addressed. Thankfully there are easy ways you can lower your inflammation – namely through diet!
What foods are anti-inflammatory?
If you eat a primarily plant-based diet filled with lots of fresh produce and whole grains then you are consuming lots of anti-inflammatory foods. Specifically, some of these foods have higher levels of anti-inflammatory properties:
Mango Turmeric Anti-Inflammatory Smoothie (GF, DF, V)
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk can sub any non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup can sub raw honey if not vegan
- 1/4 tsp turmeric, ground
- 1/8 tsp ginger, ground
- 1 tbsp flax, ground not seeds. look for ground or meal
- 1 whole ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 pieces frozen peach slices or roughly 1/4 cup
- 1 scoop your favorite collagen I prefer Vital Proteins
- 1 scoop your favorite protein powder I prefer Vega
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tsp mct oil I prefer Bulletproof Brain Octane
- Pour the non-dairy milk into the blender
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Blend on high until no chunks remain and consistency is smooth. I always check by swirling a spoon through the mixture to feel for any chunks.
- Pour into 2 medium sized glasses and garnish with lemon
Are you struggling with inflammation and no clear cause? Schedule a free consultation with me. I’d love to help you find healing from your inflammation and live healthier and happier.
Did you make this recipe? Review it and share your thoughts and feedback below!