Crunchy, Low Sugar, and Bakes in Under 30 Minutes!
This Coconut Almond Butter Granola is so easy, healthy, and delicious! Granola is one of favorite healthy snacks because the base of it is rolled oats. That’s basically all it is! The dictionary defines it as:
A mixture typically of rolled oats and various added ingredients (such as brown sugar, raisins, coconut, and nuts) that is eaten especially for breakfast or as a snack.Merriam-Webster
Oats are a great source of healthy fiber (both soluble and insoluble) and other nutrients such as magnesium, thiamine, zinc, and phosphorus. In addition, they provide benefits to health including making you feel fuller for longer as well as helping with proper digestion. The abundance of soluble fiber containing beta-glucan in the oats is what allows oats to provide these benefits.
Can I customize this Coconut Almond Butter Granola recipe?
Yes, definitely! The beauty of this Coconut Almond Butter Granola is that you can easily customize it to suit your dietary needs or taste preferences. You can swap the pecans and almonds for other nuts such as walnuts or even add in some dried fruit (unsweetened). In addition, instead of using the raw unfiltered honey you can swap for pure maple syrup. Making this customization will make the recipe vegan if you follow a vegan diet. If you are not a fan of almond butter, you can easily swap this with another nut butter. Try peanut butter, cashew butter, or sunflower butter. However, when buying nut butters, make sure that you are buying products that do not have added sugar or added salt. Feel free to experiment with this recipe and tweak it to your liking!
How to Eat Granola
There are many options for eating granola! One of my favorite ways to eat it is on top of yogurt along with some fresh berries such as raspberries or blueberries. This granola is also delicious to eat on its own or as cereal with some non-dairy milk.
Coconut Almond Butter Granola
- Baking Sheet
- 2 cups rolled oats use gluten free if needed
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts (seeds)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp himalyan salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp raw unfiltered honey
- 3 tbsp almond butter, unsalted and unsweetened
- Heat oven to 350 F. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In one bowl, combine all the dry ingredients except the coconut flakes until thoroughly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and gently fold until evenly coated.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove at 15 minutes and stir in the coconut flakes. Return to oven and continue baking for 10+ minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before enjoying. Store in an airtight container in pantry for 3-5 days.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a comment and review and let me know what you think!
Want to check out more of my healthy recipes? Visit my blog!