Chewy, sweet, and made in under 30 minutes. These Chickpea Blondies are sure to be your new favorite dessert!
Why I Love These Chickpea Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Quick Prep and Bake Time. Make them in 30 minutes from start to finish! Bake time is only about 20 to 23 minutes and prep time is an additional 5-7 minutes. Everything just gets tossed right into the food processor to do the work for you!
- Contain NO flour. Yep you heard me right! These Chickpea Blondies are made without flour and instead with just a bit of rolled oats.
- Made with only real, wholesome ingredients. No sketchy or questionable ingredients here.
- Refined Sugar Free. This recipe doesn’t contain any refined sugar such as white sugar or brown sugar. Instead, these Chickpea Chocolate Chip Blondies are sweetened using pure maple syrup. You can easily swap raw honey for the maple syrup if you don’t have syrup on hand.
- Super Easy to Make. You don’t have to be a fancy baker to make this recipe. It’s simple, easy, and there’s no way to mess it up!
- Egg Free. These blondies contain no egg whatsoever! Don’t worry, you won’t miss them at all.
- Taste Good and Good For You. You don’t have to feel bad about eating this dessert.
Ingredient Substitutions for Chickpea Chocolate Chip Blondies
- Maple Syrup – You can swap raw unfiltered honey 1:1.
- Almond Butter – If you don’t have almond butter you can swap with any other nut butter such as cashew or peanut. It will give the blondies a different taste but they will still be delish!
- Golden Flax Meal – You can swap for regular flax meal if you don’t have golden.
- Tahini – You can omit all together or swap for nut butter.
Chickpea Chocolate Chip Blondies
Chewy, sweet, and made in under 30 minutes. These Chickpea Chocolate Chip Blondies are sure to be your new favorite dessert!
Servings 9 large squares
- 8×8 baking dish
- food processor (highly recommend) or high powered blender
- measuring cups and spoons
- 1 15.5 oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans) low sodium
- 3/4 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 3 tbsp golden flax meal
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter unsalted and unsweetened
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk unsweetened
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 cup chocolate chips non-dairy
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil or line with parchment.
- Drain and rinse the canned chickpeas. Add to the food processor fitted with "S" blade.
- Add all of the other ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Once the batter is smooth, remove the blade and gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add the batter to the prepared 8×8 baking dish and spread with a spatula so it's evenly distributed.
- Bake on center rack for 20-23 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on the counter for at least 1 hour before cutting into squares and refrigerating.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 3-5 days or until signs of spoilage are detected.
Love this recipe? I’d love to know! Drop me a comment below.