Slow Cooker Hot Apple Cider
A simple and easy homemade cider recipe without all the added sugar and junk. This will be a new family fave!
- Slow cooker
- 3 liters plain organic apple cider
- 1 naval orange sliced
- 5 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 star anise
- pinch nutmeg
- 4 tbsp maple syrup pure
- In a slow cooker, add 3 liters of plain organic apple cider. Slice naval orange into thin rounds and add to the slow cooker.
- Add cinnamon sticks, heaping tsp cloves, star anise, pinch or two of nutmeg, and pure maple syrup. Stir everything around to combine. Set the temp to low and let cook for 3 hours.
- Remove the star anise and cloves but keep the oranges and cinnamon sticks for looks. Chop 1 apple into small cubes and add to the slow cooker.
- Serve in your favorite mug as is or with an optional shot of spiced rum (highly recommend for more spiced cider flavor).