Healthier Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
This healthier chicken noodle soup is made with more wholesome ingredients and will warm up your soul and insides. Perfect for a rainy day. Sure to become a new family favorite! Easily make this recipe vegan by subbing chickpeas (garbanzo beans) for the chicken!
- Slow cooker/Crock pot
- 2 cups carrots chopped
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup peas
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast cut into small cubes
- 2 cups water
- 6-8 cups low sodium chicken broth enough to fill your slow cooker about 2-3 inches from the top
- 1 can unsweet coconut milk
- 4.5 cups brown rice pasta noodles or sub chickpea noodles
- Add the carrots, celery, onion, peas, garlic, seasonings, and chicken to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Next, add the chicken broth and water. You may not use all the chicken broth depending on the size of your slow cooker. Add broth until it's close to the top of your slow cooker but leave a couple inches. Don't fill it to the top or you won't have room to add the coconut milk and noodles later.
- Set the timer to cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.
- 30 minutes before the soup is done, add the brown rice noodles and can of coconut milk. Stir well. Cover and let finish cooking until the noodles are done.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.